Online Roulette is one of the most popular among all casino games. The game has a wider following, thanks to the numerous variants and different modes to play.
If you want to be a pro, this review gives you the details: the write-up addresses, the roulette table, aims and rules of the game, game variations, and roulette glossary.
The Best Online Casinos to Play Roulette in Ghana in 2023:
|1||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||Claim Bonus888 Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 700 GHS||Claim BonusCyber.Bet Casino Review|
|3||Welcome Package Up to $1500||Claim Bonus777 Casino Review|
|4||Welcome Bonus Package Up to $3000 + 150 Free Spins||Claim BonusJackMillion Casino Review|
|5||Welcome Bonus 200% up to 500€||Claim BonusCashalot Casino Review|
|6||Deposit Bonus 500% up to $1000||Claim Bonus1win Casino Review|
|7||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 500$||Claim Bonusbet O bet Casino Review|
|8||Welcome Package Up To €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus1xSlots Casino Review|
|9||Excellent Choice Of Slots And Live Casino Games||Claim BonusBetway Casino Review|
Blaise Pascal, in the 17th century, invented the Roulette wheel while inventing the perpetual motion machine. This initial Roulette wheel had two betting spaces with zero and double zero. In 1842, Francois and Lois Blanc created the wheel with a single zero.
During the 19th century, Roulette was widespread in the US and Europe. In the 1860s, Germany abolished gambling, which dealt a huge blow to gambling in Europe. The only remaining casino was the Monte Carlo, which served the elite of Europe.
The single-zero Roulette became the premier game at the Monte Carlo casino. Later, it spread across the globe except for the US, where the double zero wheels were dominant.
At the start of the 20th century, Monte Carlo and Las Vegas were the only notable casino towns. Monte Carlo used the single zero French wheel, while Las Vegas had the American double zero wheel. The beginning of 1970 saw the proliferation and flourishing of casinos across the globe.
Online casinos began in the last half of the 1990s – with the invention of the internet. InterCasino, established in 1996, was the first online casino, and it made it possible for gamblers to play online Roulette. Currently, online Roulette is a famous online game, with thousands of online casinos offering it.
Roulette’s Table Overview
Roulette features both a table and wheel and both present a deliberate randomized layout – with black and red pockets.
The information on the wheel is similar to the table’s information. However, the red and black numbers are on a grid and the center of the table.
The American wheel has 38 pockets, i.e., 36 numbers, a double zero, and a single zero. This wheel has a house edge, i.e., 5.26%. On the other hand, the European wheel features 37 pockets, i.e., 36 numbers and a single green zero, and has a house edge of 2.7%.
The 36 numbers are placed in 3 columns, each with 12 numbers. Each number and color on the table corresponds to the number on the wheel. The columns have places (at the top) to bet on the green zero (European wheel) and double zero (American wheel). Then there are the “Even” and “Odd” and Red and Black diamond boxes located just close to the player.
Adjacent to these areas, you get boxes for betting numbers 1-18 and 19-36. Also, there are areas to place 2 to 1 bet, generally on the grid’s lower side/horizontal side.
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 700 GHS||Claim BonusCyber.Bet Casino Review|
How to Play The Game – Roulette Rules, The Aim of The Game
The intention of the game is for the player to correctly guess the exact pocket that ball lands. The player can wager on a group of numbers like 1-12, a single number, the color (black or red) of the pocket, or a combination.
Choose a bet amount and place chips on a table layout. After placing your bet, a croupier (casino employer) spins the wheel. Then a small white ball is placed in the wheel and spun in the opposite direction.
The ball slows down and eventually drops into the lower section of the wheel, finally lands one of 37/38 pockets. That pocket determines the winning number. The winning bets are paid while the losing wagers are swept off the table. A player can place multiple bets simultaneously and bet on any outcome.
The Basic Roulette Rules Include:
- Place your bet on a dedicated slot on the table.
- You can place a roulette bet before the dealer closes the betting session.
- The dealers pay winners. Besides, the dealer touches the chips of the player that loses.
- The dealers pay winners and touch the chips of the players that lost.
- The players shouldn’t touch the marker of the winning number during playing sessions.
Roulette bet types
Players can make their bets independently or by making different external and internal combinations. If you have ever played Roulette before, you are probably familiar with the terms Inside and Outside bets, but if you are new to the game, here is the information you need:
The betting chip is placed inside the rectangle with all the numbers/table’s betting area. The bet has the lowest odds but the biggest payouts, i.e., up to 35:1.
The types of bets include:
- Straight Up: This allows you to place a bet on any number, and when the ball lands on your chosen number, you win. But if it doesn’t, you lose. Its payout is 35:1.
- Split: here, you place a bet on a line that separates two numbers rather than betting on one number, making the opposite of straight up. You win when either number comes up. A wager can be 1|2, 2|5, 13|14, etc. You can split a bet provided two numbers are next to each other.
- Street: this is a bet placed on any number within a three-number row, e.g., 1, 2, 3. You are paid 11:1 when a ball lands on any number with three digits.
- Corner: it is similar to a split bet, but you’ll be betting on four rather than two numbers. However, the numbers need to form a square.
- Line: This bet is similar to a street bet, but you’ll be covering two rows of three numbers instead of one row of three numbers, e.g., 1-6. Also called six number bets, the numbers must be in two consecutive rows. The payoff is 5:1.
- Five-Number Bet: this is a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The payout is 6:1, and the winning probability is 13.16%. since its odds make it one of the worst bets, it’s called a top-line bet.
- Basket: also called the first-four bet, this is a bet on 0-1-2-3, and it pays 6:1.
- Snake Bet: This bet covers 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34 and has a snake-like pattern; thus, the name snake bet.
|1||Welcome Package Up to $1500||Claim Bonus777 Casino Review|
This is betting done on the perimeter of the roulette table. The bets are carried out on colors and numbers instead of specific numbers. Types include:
- Red/Black: this involves making a bet on a red or a black number – marked as black or red on the roulette table. It is an even money bet (1:1), but the 00 or 0 are neither black nor red, making the winning probability less than 50/50; thus, giving the casino the advantage.
- Odd/Even: this betting on either even or odd number on the table. It’s also an even bet.
- High/Low: you bet on whether your number falls on the low side (1-18) or high (19-36). It’s also an even money bet.
- Columns: this bet is on the outcome that the number is within one of the three columns of the 12 numbers on the longest side of the roulette table. The payout for each column is 2:1 or double the bet.
- Dozens: the bet covers 12 numbers in order 1-12, 13-24, and finally, 25-36. It pays to double your bet.
Basic Terms, Glossary
- American Roulette – Its wheel has 38 pockets of numbers 1-36 alongside a double zero and a single zero. It gives the house a higher edge than the European wheel.
- European Roulette – It is common in Asia and Europe, and has only one zero.
- Backtrack – It’s the wheel’s outer rim, and it’s where the ball is spun.
- Bet on the Layout – A wager is placed on any part of the numbers part of the table.
- Biased Numbers – It’s the wheel number that has been statistically proven to have more hits than others based on the analysis.
- Black Bet – A bet signifying the next number will be black.
- Carre – A French term for Corner Bet, i.e., a single bet that one of layouts four numbers will win.
- Chameleon Strategy – A player mimicking a better performing player at the roulette table
- Check Rack – It’s a tray where casino chips are placed.
- Cheval – A French term for spill bet
- Colonne – A French term for the column bet
- Column Bet – A bet placed on the three available columns
- Croupier/dealer – A casino employee taking care of the roulette table
- Double Up System of Betting – A bet where the gambler doubles the bet after a loss to regain some money
- Even Money – A bet paying 1:1
- High Bet – A bet on which a spin hits a number between 19 and 36
- Inside Bet – It’s a bet on the inner (numbered) part of a Roulette wheel and has a relatively higher payout.
- Low Bet – Any bet on numbers 1 to 18
- Marker – An instrument that the croupier uses to mark winning numbers after a spin. Players can only place another bet after the croupier removes the marker.
- No Action – No action is called croupier once during a spin, meaning cancellation of all bets, and the action has to be repeated.
- Orphans – A bet on 6, 34, and 17 – commonly used on European Roulette.
- Parlay – Doubling your bet after a win
- Pockets – These are spaces on the roulette wheel where the ball lands.
- Six Line – A bet covering two adjacent rows of numbers on the roulette layout; payout 5:1
- Visual Wheel Tracking – This means following the wheel and the ball with your eyes and predicting where it lands.
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 700 GHS||Claim BonusCyber.Bet Casino Review|
Roulette Types and Variations
The charm of the Roulette has made the game spread throughout the world, so there are different types depending on the area in which it is played. The fame of this game has also made the rules evolve and change. Nowadays there are three main Roulette table layouts:
This roulette variant offers an additional betting number on the wheel – double zero totaling 38 pockets; hence the name double-zero wheels. Its number sequence is different, making it challenging for players to make call bets.
The extra slot influences the probability of winning – it favors the house, thanks to a 5.26% house edge.
The French Roulette is similar to European Roulette in terms of wheel design and rules – 37 divisions. The significant difference between the two is the name of the outcomes. The French Roulette utilizes French names.
Rouge/Noire represents bets on colors. Still, high/low wagers are represented by Manque/Passe while the odd/even is Impair/Pair.
Besides, a dozen bets are smaller on the French roulette layout and have the inscriptions P12, M12, and D12.
This is the most popular roulette variant because of its low house edge, i.e., 2.7% – half that of the American Roulette. The European variant has 37 pockets.
You can play either inside or outside bets, but the outside bets have a higher winning chance because you bet on numbers.
Overview of Online Roulette Options
The Roulette variations supported by online casino operators may vary in functionalities, rules and even payouts. These are the main game optiones that you should take into account:
Roulette Royale is an enticing online game option as it plays similar to other roulette games. It features a single zero. Thus, all wagers available in the European Roulette. The remarkable thing is that the game comes with a huge progressive jackpot, a regular version, and an expert mode.
You must make an obligatory jackpot bet for you to play, and it qualifies you to win a progressive jackpot. To collect the jackpot earnings, players must hit the same number 5 times in a row. There are three other jackpots, i.e., 15x, 200x, and 3,000x.
The expert mode unlocks neighbor bets such as orphelins, voisins du zero, and tier du cylindre.
Developed by Microgaming, Multiplayer Roulette allows many players to play in the same virtual game, a feature online found in live casino games. The presence of several other players makes the game very engaging. You share a table and a wheel with other players. Players communicate via a chat window on the upper right side of the screen.
Multiplayer Roulette is a European version of Roulette, i.e., 37 pockets.
Multi Wheel Roulette differs from other roulette variants because you wager on the outcome of eight roulette wheels at once. Just choose the roulette wheels that are active during each spin.
There is only one table, meaning that you can’t place a bet on separate wheels. Then you collect winnings from all wheels.
Multi-Wheel Roulette uses European Roulette rules, i.e., a low casino edge and a relatively high return-to-player percentage. This roulette variant lets you place all inside/outside bets and called and final bets.
Beyond that, it has modern and sleek visuals, and it’s user-friendly and intuitive.
Live Roulette Pro
The Live Roulette is a European variant, meaning it has a one zero. This variant is very versatile as it allows players to switch between the racetrack and traditional betting layout. Additionally, players can use other betting options for special bets like Snake bets, En Plein, splits, and call bets. Some live roulette allows you to create and save bets using bet building modes.
Roulette Betting Strategies
Playing and winning against a casino needs strategies. Better strategies help you get better spins and win. Here are the best strategies to apply.
Martingale Betting Strategy
This is a popular strategy that proposes doubling your bet after losing a hand. The strategy is based on the idea that even if you lose, you’ll eventually win, and the payout is enormous for you to break even. It’s a friendly method for newcomers as it is straightforward. But it’s perilous; that’s why experienced players do not use it. This strategy involves spending money a lot.
Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
This is a nice strategy for conservative players. The strategy is based on a sequence of numbers, a sum of two numbers before it. Example: 1 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 8…
This strategy applies to even bets only, and each bet has a 50% probability of winning each time you play. However, you’ll have to wait for your first win before proceeding to the next number. Begin with a minimum bet, and once you win, increase by one, two, etc. But when you lose, you begin from a minimum bet.
D’Alembert Roulette Strategy
If doubling bets isn’t your thing, this might be the right strategy. The strategy has a much lower risk of losing large sums of money because chances are increased only by one. After losing, you increase your opportunity only by one but multiply it by one if you win.
James Bond Betting Strategy
This is an excellent option for those playing Roulette for a short time. You’ll be playing in multiples of $200. Players need to remember only three bets – start a bet with $140 on a number from 19-36. Next, place a bet of $50 on a number from 13-18, and finally, place a bet of $10 on the single zero.
This strategy guarantees a win two-thirds of the time.
|1||Deposit Bonus 500% up to $1000||Claim Bonus1win Casino Review|
Play Roulette Online
Playing Roulette online is very enjoyable. However, you need to find the right online casino for your needs. No doubt about it, many online casinos are offering online Roulette. To choose where to play, consider:
License and Security
There are several factors that affect online casino licensing. The casino you choose to play online, Roulette, must meet all requirements for licensing. That makes it a safe casino. Remember, online casinos are subject to regular inspections from recognized bodies.
Additionally, fraud prevention and data protection are essential aspects of an online casino. That’s why many online casinos invest in more secure IT systems.
Different online casinos offering Roulette have multiple payment methods. The method you select must be available within your locality. Visa, direct bank transfers, credit and debit cards, Skrill, PayPal, bitcoin, and Neteller, are standard methods.
Determine the right deposit and withdrawal method depending on the online casino.
Bonuses and Promotions
Roulette online comes with a lot of bonuses when playing for real money. Casino bonuses include signup/registration bonuses, reload bonuses, and free play/no deposit bonuses.
The type of bonuses varies from one online casino to the other. Similarly, the percentage payout varies. Some casinos can offer bonuses of up to 200% on signup because they are looking for many people to register.
Checkout for bonus restrictions before taking the bonus.
Variety of Game Options
Online Roulette has a variety of games. If you are a passionate online roulette gambler, select a casino with a wider variety of online casino games. Playing different variants offers you different experiences and a higher level of satisfaction.
Microgaming is the most popular software provider for many casinos. They offer traditional, progressive jackpots, live Roulette, multiplayer roulette, VR roulette, etc.
But other well-known software providers are offering decent games – for example, Evolution Gaming, IGT, and Playtech.
Play Roulette on Mobile
Roulette providers continuously work hard to ensure that players can access games from various devices. Currently, mobile phones offer a convenient way of playing Roulette. Players can place bets from a tablet or a smartphone directly, making it the hottest trend.
Many casinos allow you to download an app to your device – iOS or Android, allowing you to play on the go. However, you can also use browser-based software to play Roulette. The process is painless as it only requires you to enter your necessary information.
The advantage of downloadable foams is that they allow you to play in free mode before committing your money.
Instant Play Flash Version
If the downloadable form isn’t right for you, try the Instant play flash version. This instant Roulette has a reputation for its broadband speed. Many instant-play roulette varieties respond quickly when played on mobile smartphones compared to downloadable forms. What’s more instant-play Roulette doesn’t depend on the browser.
Play Roulette for Real money vs. Playing it for free
playing Roulette for free and real money casino gaming is similar, but they have minor differences. Both games require players to follow the rules. Knowing the difference between the two will help you decide which one is the best.
Here are the significant differences:
- You can experiment with unique bets.
- It lets you test various strategies without financial risk.
- Let’s you try different roulette variations without losing money.
- No time limit for playing
Real Money Roulette
- An opportunity to win real money
- A wider variety of game
- Has live dealer tables allowing you to enjoy a real casino experience
- Special promotions and bonuses
- Play for multiple stakes
Roulette is popular among Ghanaian players. It’s the golden boy of many online casinos. The game has numerous variations ranging from the traditional to modern ones, such as VR roulette, all of them offering exciting gameplay.
Over time, the presentation of the game has evolved from land-based casinos to online casinos. Currently, players can access any variant of Roulette from computers, smartphones, and tablets, due to the fact that the operating system isn’t an issue as it has been designed in a modern and sleek manner.
Whether you want to use a downloadable version on your phone or instant play, both versions are user-friendly. Your work is to study the strategies to be a roulette pro.
Focusing on the outside bets is the best way to win at Roulette or minimizing the risk of losing your money. Odds/even, high/low, and red/black have higher chances wins, though not mind-blowing wins.
The Red/Black, Even/Odd, or Low/High has the highest odds on Roulette. European Roulette has 48.60%, while the American Roulette has 47.40% layout, meaning that your chances of winning are almost 50:50.
Roulette is offered in online casinos, which use software to generate random numbers similar to what a real-life roulette wheel produces. Ideally, the software continually generates the numbers as long as the wheel is rolling, but once it stops, it selects the latest number from the sequence.
Some game combinations will undoubtedly lead to bankroll depletion very fast. For instance, The Basket Bet (7.89% house edge) is the worst game you can play for real money as it offers lower odds of winning. On the other hand, Straight Bets are bets on a single number, and they have a low winning chance; however, the payout is enormous 35:1.
Money management deals with managing your bankroll, i.e., the money you've set aside for your playing sessions. It involves using your knowledge of previous spins to get an edge over the casino without risking your bankroll all at once.
|1||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||Claim Bonus888 Casino Review|